What things were traded on the Silk Road?

Many Many things were traded on the silk road. People could trade goods that they made, farmed or raised. There were of course the common goods that they traded like silk (of course), spices, teas, porcelain,and lacqerware. Horses, wools, silver, and gold were also traded for silk and other goods from China. NOT a fair trade if you ask me. China also gained stone metals like jade, ivory, and coal. another thing that was "traded" on the Silk Road was ideas. Buddism was an idea passed along through the Silk Road. Sounds like gossip:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow I never knew that Jade was traded along the silk road I thought it was just silk. I also didn't know that Buddhism spread on the silk road. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that Jade was traded on the silk road I thought it was silk by its name. Great research! I can tell you put effort into this.

    ReplyDelete